- Winekey To open winebottles of course. The knife is multifunctional. My preferred one is the Cellini of FarmItaly.
- Pen To write the orders and sign the creditcard slips. Bic Cristal because they don't leak inkt when it gets warm (read: in your pocket). Of course two because pens are there to loose.
- POS card to have access to our POS computer. We use Micros
- Crown cork opener It goes more quickly with a simple one like this than with the one on the winekey.
- Matches To lighten the candles on the birthdaycake. In France it's prohibited to smoke in the restaurant, so it hasn't sense to give a light to the beautiful girl at table 501
- Stickers To reward kids who have eaten everything. Or to put on the adhesive bandage to make an exclusive one.
- Adhesive bandage For ourself, the colleagues or guests.
- Needle and wire To fix buttons and perform other little reparations to our clothes or others. Also to adjust princess-dresses which are a bit too big. EDIT 24-11-2010 I ruined a dress today after I made it shorter with safetypins... ooops.. so I won't do it again
- Faceshield To protect yourself and the other when performing Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). The one of Leardael is the best according to my CPR teacher. By the way, I strongly believe that knowledge of First Aid and CPR is a moral obligation of everybody working in public places as restaurants and hotels.
- Gloves To protect yourself while cleaning vomit and stopping bleedings
- Earplugs There is a lot of noise in the restaurant where I'm working. Now I have Alpine worksafe but I'm waiting for Clear EAR 20 who will filter more the hightones and less the lowtones (eg. the voicerange). This type of earplugs is very discrete, you don't see them if guests are looking to the front of your face. The new ones will even be more discrete. (EDIT: view a review on the 3M Clear Ear here
- Wallet To collect the creditcardslips, tips and the most of the stuff listed here. Fixed with an wire to my trouser because I'm too afraid to forget it somewhere or loose it.
- Handwipes To give to the guests after eating shrimps. (To give them opened half torned is a nice gesture because the guests hands will be fatty) Also useful to clean tables, shoes and spots on the wall. (NB: Not on the picture)
- Hotel- and parcinformation To answer all the questions about opening and closing times of shops, sauna's and other nice things we have to offer.
And what do you have in your pockets what is not listed here?
Incoming search terms for the article:
Comments (0) Trackbacks (0) ( subscribe to comments on this post )
No trackbacks yet.